Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mexican Breakfast Pizza

I wish I would have thought of this one yesterday in honor of the Cinco de Mayo. I browned some ground pork and seasoned it. (1 t. cumin; 1/2 t. thyme; 1/2 t. sage; 1 t. salt; 1/2 t. pepper; 1/8 t. cayenne pepper per pound) Then I scrambled up a couple of eggs.

I set some tostada shells on my pizza pan, and put some sausage, eggs and cheese on each one. (less sausage & eggs, more cheese for the littler ones). Put it in the oven until the cheese melted and voila! Mexican Breakfast Pizzas. (Isn't that a nice international sentence!)

I served it with homemade salsa, and we were good to go.

I enjoyed it and the kids seemed to like it, although Gracie would have preferred no eggs at all. It kept me full all morning.

Oh, I should add that we had quite a bit of sausage left over. I'll have to do something with that over the weekend. Maybe a frittata.

No comments: