Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Quiche In A Bag

This is a very flexible recipe from my 30 Day Gourmet manual. The idea is that you mix all of the ingredients together (I use a blender for the non-meat and vegetable ingredients) and plop them in a freezer bag, and freeze. Thaw, pour in greased pie plate and bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes. Nice and easy.

For each quiche, you need:

1 c. cooked meat
3/4 c. cooked vegetable
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c. diced onion
2 c. milk
4 eggs
1/8 t. Tabasco sauce
1/2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder


I hadn't made this in ages, but decided to give it a try the other day. I had some leftover cooked chicken and some cooked bacon. I didn't have any leftover veggies, so I didn't bother with them. I used rice flour.

It was okay. It probably would have been better with some broccoli and a little salt. The texture with the rice flour wasn't bad, just different.

2 comments:

theMom said...

Since the rice flour separates out more quickly than wheat, I think the crust is more pronounced with the rice flour.

madhenmom said...

That's good to know. Thanks.