Monday, December 7, 2009

Greekish Egg Dish

I made an egg dish the other morning that I was quite pleased with. The kids weren't so thrilled, but they ate it.

I was using up leftovers, so the amounts of the first four items are approximate.

8 oz. cooked spinach
1/2 c. Greek style yogurt
2 1/2 oz. feta cheese

Mix the above together and spread in a greased 10 x 8 pan.

Sprinkle over the top:

1/3 pound chopped cooked bacon

Blend together:

6 eggs
1 1/2 c. milk
pepper to taste

Pour this over the spinach mixture. I baked it for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

I thought this had a nice flavor, but I had added balsamic vinegar when I originally cooked the spinach. You might find you want a little more zip. If I make this again, I might add an additional cheese with the bacon. I also might try blending everything but the bacon and cheese in the blender, pour it in the pan and let that cook for about 1/2 hour. Then, sprinkle the bacon and cheese on and let it cook another 10 minutes or so.

No comments: