Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pudgie Pies! - Camping Breakfasts #3

With 2 camping trips under my belt this year, and the knowledge that building campfires is much less stressful for my husband than it used to be, I decided that we would do our cooking over the campfires this trip.

Our first breakfast was apple pie filling with cut up Snickers bars. Good, but too sweet and there was too much waste. In the future, I would make the pie filling at home and take it along. I was too stressed to do that this time.

We also had spam & cheese pies. Also good, but I think I put too much spam on each one and it seemed kind of heavy. (I had purchased the spam to go with a different recipe suggested by Mary, but decided to take it camping instead. I'm still planning on trying the German Pizza one of these days. This was the first time I had ever bought spam - I think.)

By far the kids' favorite were the peanut butter and marshmallow pies. Yum.

We didn't feel like making a campfire on our last morning, so we had graham crackers with peanut butter and chocolate bars. Also a big hit.

No comments: