Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pasties for Breakfast

One more remnant from our camping trip - Since we were camping in the U.P. of Michigan, we made a point of buying pasties several times during our trip. They went over well with the kids, were quite filling, and weren't that expensive. We had a couple of halves leftover when we arrived home.

The next morning, I put some butter in a skillet and broke up the pasties in the pan. I stirred it around for a little bit, and then added some eggs. I think I added 3 eggs, but given the amount of veggies in the pan I probably should have added about 6. It still made a nice breakfast skillet.

I'm thinking of playing around with some doughs and making pasties to have on hand around here for breakfast. Maybe with an egg, bacon and potato filling instead of the more traditional fillings. I prefer a flakier crust to a breadier crust. I'm going to see how the yogurt dough from the Nourishing Traditions books will work. I'll report back if I have success.

No comments: